Search This Cesspool of My Thoughts

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Dark Night - Chapter 4

Chapter 4
We had been stripped of our belongings and dressed in horrid orange jumpsuits.   They were obviously tattered hand-me-downs of the prison that had become their base of operations.  I was still held by the laser-leash, as I now called it, in an open-bar cell alone.  Vileb was nowhere within sight.  This was perhaps the first time in a long time where I felt alone.
I huffed and whimpered, pacing throughout the cell and observing my surroundings.  The cell was lighted dimly but that cared not to my eyes.  A faded cream sink had spots of mildew and rust that would never wash away.  Overtop was a single paned mirror, its edges vulnerable and visible to manipulation.  I caught a single glance of my eyes, a sharp snarl crossing my lips before I spun around.  My eyes…. I was a monster.
I groaned and slumped upon a cot, eyes narrowing as I contemplated my situation.  I leaned forward and shrugged my shoulders a few times.  The leash left little room to move, but yet just enough to writhe.  I growled under my breath as I sensed someone coming my way.  A guard, one with seemingly no knowledge that I was there, was moving through the cell block.  I could hear his heels on the solemn concrete yards away down the hall.
My back shuttered momentarily.  I sniffed the air for his location; not too far now.  As soon as he came within a yard of my cell I shouted in his direction in rage.  My eyes now glowing a fiercer gold, tufts of crimson hair beginning to sprout all over my form.  He shuttered and jumped taken aback by the random scare.  Fighting with some sort of device on his belt, he was more in fear of the beast beginning to develop before him.
I was angry, too angry to let this moment pass.  My muscle mass began to develop slightly more tearing parts of my orange jumpsuit.  I began to breathe heavily, my mouth and nose shifting into a brutish snout.  My ears slightly pulled closer to the top of my head and as each grew into a point.  Fangs developed where my grin used to be.  Claws grew from my nails gripping the bars.  My vertebrae elongated as flesh, skin, and fur became a bushy tail, the tip twitching with my anger.
He dropped a small box and ran off screaming at the sight of me.  I was sure he was just some recruit. Some sap they hired to wander through the cells and make sure no prisoners killed themselves before their interrogation.  This was both luck and opportunity.  However, the laser-leash was beginning to grow tighter to my form.  I was not prepared that they anticipated my transformation.
A slight buzz was now apparent to my hearing and I realized it was coming from the cuffs.  I crouched quickly to try and rip the anklets off with my claws but it was to no avail.  The leash tightened, forcing me slowly into a fetal position.  I howled at my misfortune, but did not give up to it.  Sliding towards the bars, I slipped my tail outside and attempted to grab the box the guard had dropped.  I could feel it cupped within my grasp, but soon to have it dislodged by a heavy boot on my appendage.  The sudden blow made me roar in anguish.
“So, you are a Lupe...” hissed a voice I had not heard before.  The scent, it was feminine and new to me as well.  I groaned trying to pull my tail from under the boot.  The position I had found myself in was surely not an opportunistic one.
“I am not a Lupe...” I whined, my teeth gritted, beginning to whimper as I could barely make out the shadow of the figure that had me pinned.  I felt her weight shift as she bent down to pick up the box that the wimp guard had dropped.  At this exact moment I thrust my tail as hard as I could back through the bars.  It allowed me to free it from her grasp.
“You are intelligent for a beast...” she whispered.  “Perhaps too intelligent.  I still believe you are in some kind of alliance with the Fangs, however...  Your comrade has been as silent and suspicious as you have...”
“Vileb!” I whimpered.  “Let me see Vileb!”  I attempted to roll to face her, but could barely get to my knees.  I soon realized that after I transformed, so had the laser-leash.  It had made some sort of collar to wrap around my wolven neck.  The tension further pulled me to curl into a ball, keeping her sight from me no more than a menacing shadow.
“You will see your friend only after we get information out of the two of you...separately.  That bond you two have is something... interesting that we wish to learn about.  Are you willing to come peacefully?”
At this point, I had no choice.  They had all the cards and I had nothing but my brute strength and basic intelligence.  I was always the brawn of our companionship.  Vileb was the brains, for lack of a better term.  “Yes.”  I hung my head in disappointment that I was restrained so easily.  If these simple humans could bring me down, what if the Fangs or even the Lupes were trying to catch me?  Without Vileb I was as dangerous as a box of rabid anthropomorphic kittens with butcher knives.
“Well then,” she said sinisterly.  I soon felt a sharp pain in my back; a needle, with syringe.  A fluid was injected into me that began to make my eyes water.  I yawned and my muscles relaxed abnormally.  “Sleep little beastie.  We'll let you see your dark prince again shortly.”  I huffed somewhat at her words.  Their misunderstanding of our relationship also bothered me.  Made me wonder just how much they truly knew about the two of us.
“He's... he’s not… not…not my...my…my… my boyfriend!” I huffed, the side-effects beginning to swirl my thoughts and drive them to a simpler time.  I felt like a child, back as if we were at the orphanage.  My mind beginning to slip in and out of consciousness, I whined, “Leave him... alone!  I'll...I'll beat you all up!”

No comments:

Post a Comment