Search This Cesspool of My Thoughts

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Dark Night - Chapter 3

Chapter 3
The agent was dressed in a dark blue jumpsuit.  He was a living tribute to a brick wall; completely solid frame, a stoic facade, and the muscle to back any statement.  He glared at Vileb and me again before walking into the building.  His body nearly blocked the sight of the window through which he entered.
“Stand down,” the man stated, his voice booming.  My ears began to ring like before, every sound causing pain at this point.  I slowly crouched to my knees, whimpering at the pinpoint sharpness.
“Kirsta, what's wrong?” Vileb had jumped to my side.  I soon began to focus on a single, high-pitched frequency.
“A sound...coming...from him...it hurts....”  I held my ears and began to scream, my eyes narrowing in effort to try to still the pain.  I began to lose consciousness, or perhaps it was more of my control, as my body began to reject any possible humanity it had within it at the time.  I immediately snarled, claws beginning to extend from my fingertips, and thrust myself at the man.
The agent chuckled and took a swift thrust of his massive arm.  It squarely hit me in the chest with enough force to throw me to the ground.  Other than Vileb, no one had ever knocked me square back to the floor before.  I began to huff as my vision became less clouded, my senses beginning to return.  The noise was still piercing my eardrums.
“Sir, whatever it is, please stop.  We will come quietly.  She has no control when that device is on.”  Vileb spoke with conviction and relaxation.  The agent touched something upon his left wrist, the shrieking soon stopped as I sunk to the floor.
“Good, I'm sure the Fangs will be disappointed that we now have one of their top agents and pets in our custody.”  The agent appeared sure of himself.  As I began to crawl back to my feet, Vileb's curiosity seemed to have peaked.
Vileb quickly spat, “Me?  An agent of the Fangs, ahh, good sir.  You are surely mistaken.”
“And I am not his pet, but his companion.  We are merely a third party in this war,” I chimed in, beginning to regain composure.  The agent seemed quiet, contemplating the issue.
“However, you both are still under arrest for the death of a HARM agent.  You will come with me or I will have to call in a support team.”  Vileb nodded to me and I huffed before standing up straight before the man.
“We'll go quietly,” I whispered.  An instant after my statement was made did the man hold out a small baton and aim it at the two of us.  At first a faint blue light began to wrap around both of our wrists and ankles, as it slowly began to disappear.  I could feel the laser restraints despite the fact they were almost invisible to the naked eye.
“Come, or this will not be fun for any of us,” stated the agent, he still holding the baton tightly in his hand.  As he began to walk away, I could feel a slight tug.  So these were the leashes I had heard about.  Some time ago, the Fangs had gotten a hold of technology that acted like jailhouse full body restraints; however, there was a device hooked up to them that allowed a person to slightly control the movements of the restrained.  The Fangs were using them as leashes for their Lupe “pets”.  Apparently these HARM agents got a hold of the technology and began to develop upon it.
We walked towards the fire escape, shuffling within the restraints that faded in and out of the eye's plane.  Moving in stride with our captor, we made it to a van parked down within the alley.  The doors swung open and a makeshift team of about four men, who were not as menacing as the main agent, pushed Vileb and I within the seats and slammed the doors behind us.  My breath became shallow at the darkness around us.  Vileb seemed to chuckle at the absolute silence. “What's funny, Fang?” spat one of the men.
“Ahh, nothing,” Vileb began.  “It just occurred to me that you all group vampires and werewolves no matter their affiliation.”
“And your point?” stated the previous man.
“Well, for one, I do not consider myself a vampire.  Granted, many of my traits are similar to them but I am most definitely not one of them, nor am I one of the Fangs either.”
“Ha, anything that stalks men in the night and drinks their blood is a vampire.”
“And furthermore, my colleague here is not a werewolf nor is she a Lupe.  Do you not think that it is odd that we were actually looking for you?”  The men in the van got deadly silent.  I could see their puzzled looks through my tinted glasses, despite how dark the van was.  “So, the Human Association of Relocating Menaces.  HARM for short.  I suppose you are the so-called Rebellion who has not allowed a vampire or a werewolf into your ranks.”  Vileb's intelligence was something that I had always admired.  Despite that I had already made that assumption, he flat out made it apparent.
The ride was a slow and steady one, my eyes shut completely as I tried to discern the directions they were taking us.  Familiar scents began to waft over my nostrils, each one coming and going with a memory attached.  Shortly I began to growl, as the scents flashed through Fang and then Lupe territory respectively, and then fade away into nothingness.  I soon couldn’t recognize the scents around us.  My mind was completely at a lost of where we were.  This began to make me uneasy, another growl parting my lips.
“Calm yourself, Kirsta,” Vileb stated quietly.  “I’m sure that they’ll feed you and if not, you can always have a snack.”  The joke made me chuckle, it made the four men along for the ride cower.
The four men began to shift uneasily in their seats, even knowing that Vileb and I were fully restrained.  The van came to a stop, the momentum causing everyone to lean slightly.  As the doors opened, the brick wall agent chuckled at us all.  Behind him was the well-lit backdrop of what appeared to be a prison.  He took note to the fearful glances the other men had and then looked at Vileb and me.  “Thought you two could manage to scare them silly.  Welcome to your new hell.”

No comments:

Post a Comment